Preparing Commercial HVAC Systems for Winter
With the fall season in full swing, it’s time to start preparing commercial HVAC systems for winter, well before Ol’ Man Winter comes to town. Hutchinson, a leading energy services and mechanical services contractor serving the region’s commercial customers, offers tips to help add life to your systems, enhance comfort and improve your bottom line.
Is your HVAC system ready for the frigid winter season? Don’t be left out in the cold – take action now to make sure your HVAC systems are running efficiently before the chill sets in. Hutchinson, a leading energy services and mechanical services contractor serving the region’s commercial customers, offers tips to help add life to your systems, enhance comfort and improve your bottom line.
1. Take Advantage of Energy Efficiency Programs. Upgrade to energy efficiency with Direct Install from New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program and up to 70% of the cost will be covered for energy upgrades, including lighting and HVAC equipment. Instead of pumping money into your outdated, inefficient units, why not upgrade to a new, state of the-art energy efficient system?
2. Use Energy Star Portfolio Manager to see how your building rates with other similar buildings. If you rate low, there are many things you can do to improve the operation of your building.
3. Check HVAC settings to get maximum efficiency. By setting your thermostat at 68°during the day and at 60° at night, you can save approximately 3% on heating costs for every degree under 70.
4. Install a programmable thermostat. Forget to adjust the temperature before you left the office? No worries. With a web and cloud based control system during and after office hours, you’ll keep settings maintained. Now, that’s peace of mind!
5. Establish a preventive maintenance program. When your HVAC system runs smoothly, so can your business. Prevent equipment problems before they start!
• Change or clean all air filters, preferably every month.
• Repair leaks in piping, air duct s, coils, fittings and at the unit(s).
• Replace defective equipment insulation, ducting and piping.
• Install/upgrade HVAC controls to include new energy management systems technologies.
6. Clean Heating Ducts Heating ducts periodically to allow efficient heating and provide fresh, clean air. Also check to make sure the ducts are properly insulated.
Contact Hutchinson at 888-777-4501 or email@example.com for help preparing commercial HVAC systems for winter
Hutchinson is a leading energy/mechanical service contractor performing energy services, mechanical construction and retrofit installation work in the Greater Philadelphia Tri-State Region. Hutchinson’s
technicians are factory trained, NATE certified and are on-call 24/7 365 days a year. Visit www.hutchbiz.com for more information.