Tag Archives: Commercial HVAC Tips
With the fall season in full swing, it’s time to start preparing commercial HVAC systems for winter. If your HVAC system isn’t ready for the frigid winter season, you’ll be left out in the cold. Take action now to make sure that doesn’t happen!
Hutchinson, a leading energy services and mechanical services contractor serving the region’s commercial customers, offers tips to help add life to your systems, enhance comfort and improve your bottom line.
1. Take Advantage of Energy Efficiency Programs. Upgrade to energy efficiency with Direct Install from New Jersey’s Clean Energy Program and up to 70% of the cost will be covered for energy upgrades, including lighting and HVAC equipment. Instead of pumping money into your outdated, inefficient units, why not upgrade to a new, state of the-art energy efficient system?
2. Use Energy Star Portfolio Manager to see how your building rates with other similar buildings. If you rate low, there are many things you can do to improve the operation of your building.
3. Check HVAC settings to get maximum efficiency. By setting your thermostat at 68°during the day and at 60° at night, you can save approximately 3% on heating costs for every degree under 70.
4. Install a programmable thermostat. Forget to adjust the temperature before you left the office? No worries. With a web and cloud based control system during and after office hours, you’ll keep settings maintained. Now, that’s peace of mind!
5. Establish a preventive maintenance program. When your HVAC system runs smoothly, so can your business. Prevent equipment problems before they start!
• Change or clean all air filters, preferably every month.
• Repair leaks in piping, air duct s, coils, fittings and at the unit(s).
• Replace defective equipment insulation, ducting and piping.
• Install/upgrade HVAC controls to include new energy management systems technologies.
6. Clean Heating Ducts Heating ducts periodically to allow efficient heating and provide fresh, clean air. Also check to make sure the ducts are properly insulated.
Contact Hutchinson at 888-777-4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help preparing commercial HVAC systems for winter
Hutchinson is a leading energy/mechanical services contractor performing heating, cooling, plumbing, and energy services throughout the greater New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Northern Delaware Region. Visit www.hutchbiz.com for more information.
This article explores some commercial HVAC tips for Spring. Special thanks to Ed Hutchinson, President Hutchinson Mechanical Services for writing this on behalf of Wolf Commercial Real Estate.
Article Download: Spring HVAC Tips (PDF)
With the winter behind us, there’s no doubt you’re ready for the warmer weather. But is your commercial HVAC system ready to handle the dog days of summer? Don’t procrastinate and wait until something breaks down – it will only cost you comfort and dollars in the long-run. Hutchinson Mechanical Services, a leading mechanical services contractor serving the Tri-State Region’s commercial customers, offers tips to help add life to your commercial HVAC systems, keep you feeling comfortable, and improve your bottom line.
• Get an AC inspection and tune up. Now’s the time… don’t procrastinate and wait until it’s 80 degrees outside! Our certificated technicians will test your system to determine if any repairs are needed. Preventive maintenance will keep your system running smooth and efficiently, and extend its service life, too.
• Swap out your air filters. Rule of thumb is to change filters before every season at a minimum, and as needed.
• Install programmable controls. Employees won’t have to worry or remember to adjust thermostats when they leave. Consider a 21st century control system, too for extra efficiency. With the click of a mouse, Honeywell Web Certified Hutchinson technicians can access heating and cooling controls over the web, enabling them to quickly access, monitor and repair any heating or cooling remotely.
• Get your ductwork inspected and cleaned. Leaks or cracks can reduce energy efficiency in your cooling systems and result in higher utility bills. A duct system that’s properly sealed can save you money and make you more comfortable in your business. • Spring clean up around your commercial HVAC units. During the winter, leaves and debris can build up around units. Make sure to clear this away during your spring cleaning to give your unit at least two feet of clearance all the way around. This will help your unit function properly and safely.
Hutchinson Mechanical Services is a leading energy/mechanical service contractor performing energy
services, mechanical construction and retrofit installation work in the Greater Philadelphia Tri-State
To learn more about Hutchinson and its energy service offerings, visit hutchbiz.com or call 888-777-4501 to schedule an energy assessment. Hutchinson’s technicians are factory trained, NATE certified and are on-call 24/7 365 days a year.