Monthly Archives: April 2013
WCRE APPOINTED EXCLUSIVE LEASING AGENT
FOR 808 MARKET STREET, CAMDEN, NJ
April 17, 2013 – Voorhees, NJ – Wolf Commercial Real Estate (WCRE) is pleased to announce that it has been appointed exclusive leasing agent by Antebi Properties, LLC for the well located mid-rise office building located in the Camden Business District at 808 Market Street, Camden, New Jersey.
This 83,000 square foot, multi-tenanted complex is an affordable mid-rise office building in the city of Camden with suites available for immediate possession. WCRE was retained to market the remaining vacant spaces, which range in size from 1,500 to 9,000 square feet.
This office building is very well located, within very close proximity to the Ben Franklin Bridge, Routes 30, 38, 70, 130, and I-76/676 providing convenient access to points throughout Camden and Burlington Counties, as well as Philadelphia. It is served by multiple mass transit lines, including PATCO, the River Line, and bus lines. The Walter Rand Transportation Center, one of the region’s major commuter hubs, is only a few blocks away.
The asking lease price is $17.50 sf/ full service. The building features ample parking on street as well as an off street parking lot.
A marketing brochure is available upon request.
WCRE is a full-service commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm specializing in office, retail, industrial and investment properties in Southern New Jersey and the Philadelphia region. We provide a complete range of real estate services to commercial property owners, companies, and investors seeking the highest quality of service, proven expertise, and a total commitment to client-focused relationships. Through our intensive focus on our clients’ business goals, our commitment to the community, and our highly personal approach to client service, WCRE is creating a new culture and a higher standard. We go well beyond helping with property transactions and serve as a strategic partner invested in your long term growth and success.
FIRST QUARTER REPORT: BULLISH TONE STARTING TO REAPPEAR IN
SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY CRE MARKET
WCRE Research Finds Positive Trends and Signals of Cautious but Steady Growth
April 8, 2013 – Voorhees, NJ – The local CRE market continued its steady climb in the first quarter, free from the dramatic headlines about natural disasters and government crises that marked the end of 2012, Wolf Commercial Real Estate said in its latest quarterly analysis of Southern New Jersey. Movement in the federal jobs and housing markets fueled consumer an investor activity locally, helping the market sustain several positive trends.
“The Dow Jones reached an all-time high, the Federal and New Jersey unemployment rates fell slightly, home values and retail sales increased, and interest rates remained near historic lows,” said Jason Wolf, founder and principal of WCRE. “We saw several positive trends indicating improving growth, but we are still in a weak labor market, and more robust job growth is needed to lower the overall vacancy figures in our region.” Overall vacancy in the office market for Class A and B product is still hovering in the range of 18-19 percent, but the market has stabilized, and average rental rates continue to improve.
WCRE’s research includes snapshots of the office and retail markets, and details on the major deals being consummated or planned.
According to the WCRE office report, there were approximately 300,000 sf in new lease and renewals transactions in Southern New Jersey during the first quarter, with new lease transactions comprising almost 43 percent of the transactions. This is only a four percent increase from the first quarter of 2012, but Wolf said that better figures were on the horizon. “There are more than 200,000 sf of new deals and renewals awaiting signature in April alone, so we expect substantial gains in the next quarter,” he said.
Office market highlights from the report:
- Average rents for Class A & B product remained at or above the improved level they reached last year, continuing to show strong support in the range of $10-$14.00/sf NNN with an overall market average of $11.00/sf NNN for the deals completed during the quarter.
- Positive absorption for the first quarter was in the range of 130,000+/-sf of new deals and/or expansions. This is a gain of 8.5 percent compared to the first quarter of 2012, which WCRE attributes to pent up demand from last year, reflecting that much of the uncertainty of the fourth quarter is behind us. Healthcare, computer services, insurance, defense contracting, consulting, engineering, and financial companies all were very active in Southern New Jersey during the first quarter.
- Demand for high quality investment properties is high, while supply remains low, intensifying competition for these properties
Retail market highlights from the report include:
- Area retailers reported that first quarter sales figures exceeded those from the holiday shopping season of the previous quarter, an excellent sign for the economy.
- Overall retail space vacancy is still hovering in the 17-18% range, but the market has stabilized, and community and lifestyle shopping centers have very little vacancy, while neighborhood and strip shopping centers have more vacancy and less growth in rental rates.
- Average rents for upscale lifestyle centers continue to show strong support in the range of $30- $40.00/sf NNN, and average rents for neighborhood and strip shopping centers remain in the range of $15-$23/sf NNN.
- As with office properties, demand for high quality retail investment properties is outpacing supply, driving prices up further and CAP rates down.
The full report, including details about several key deals, is available upon request.
WCRE is a full-service commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm specializing in office, retail, industrial and investment properties. We provide a complete range of real estate services to commercial property owners, companies, and investors seeking the highest quality of service, proven expertise, and a total commitment to client-focused relationships. Through our intensive focus on our clients’ business goals, our commitment to the community, and our highly personal approach to client service, WCRE is creating a new culture and a higher standard. We go well beyond helping with property transactions and serve as a strategic partner invested in your long term growth and success.
Learn more about WCRE online at www.wolfcre.com, on Twitter @WCRE1, and on Facebook at Wolf
Commercial Real Estate, LLC.